Traditional strollers allow your baby to ride in comfort while facing away from you. This seating direction allows them to enjoy panoramic street views and sometimes be the center of attention at grocery stores and on your daily commutes.
But what happens when your baby starts screaming while facing away from you when you’re in the checkout line, which is too narrow for you to turn the baby stroller around for you to calm them down? This is just one of the many issues reversible aka modular strollers aim to resolve.
Best Lightweight Reversible Stroller – Top 10 Picks
This range of strollers offer the best of both worlds – “Versatility” given that the handlebar or baby seat can be set to face the world ahead or “parent-facing” (flipped around towards you) and “Convenience” for important things such as breastfeeding or simply gazing at your little one all through the day.
Tipping the scales at just 20 lbs makes the Ergobaby reversible baby stroller not only a joy to haul around, but also easy to store when not in use. It is fitted with a 180-degree swivel handlebar that allows you to face your baby, and one that can be adjusted between 39″ and 42″ high.
In terms of storage, the Ergobaby modular stroller doesn’t disappoint with a massive under-seat basket that can accommodate up to 20 lbs worth of essential items including your purse and diaper bag.
Adding to this, this lightweight reversible stroller is fitted with a plush padded tri-zone seat and is compatible with several different car seats including ones from Chicco, Graco, and Britax.
The Ergobaby stroller with reversible handlebar rests sturdily on four durable foam wheels and is appointed with an extra-large canopy to shield your baby from the sun’s rays. It can be ordered in a choice of four exciting colors including black, graphite and misty blue, and can accommodate babies weighing 50 lbs or less.
- Swivel and Adjustable handlebar
- 20 lbs storage capacity and 50 lbs baby weight capacity
- Lightweight at under 20 lbs
- 4 colors available, each fitted with the extra-large canopy
- Tri-zone padded seat
- Four foam wheels
- Lacks suspension system
2. Graco Modes Click Connect Stroller – Best Modular Baby Stroller with Reversible Seat
Graco is one of the leading brands in the baby accessory segment, and the Modes Click Connect is just another great addition to their product range. It weighs a little over 20 lbs and can be used as an infant car seat carrier, infant stroller, and toddler stroller.
Additionally, the stroller allows you to select from 10 different seating options including bassinet like mode and seat mode with snacks tray, all of which that can be adjusted with just one click.
The Graco Modes Click Connect reversible stroller is easy to fold along with its wheels, and once folded can be supported in this mode with the integrated extra leg. It can be connected with all Graco Click Connect infant car seats to create your own travel system and features lockable front swivel wheels and 5-point harness for top-notch safety.
The stroller boasts a 50 lbs weight capacity and offers several convenient features including a parent’s storage tray and pivoting child’s tray with cupholders. Even though the stroller does not come with extra-large wheels, it is easy to maneuver in sunny and snowy weather.
- Weighs 20 lbs and 50 lbs weight capacity
- 10 different seating options
- Integrated leg support in folded mode
- Generous storage space and child and parent’s tray
- Compatible with Graco Click Connect infant car seats
- A little heavier compared to the competition
3. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System – One of the Best you can Buy
A little on the expensive side, but if you won’t settle for anything less for your little one, the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System is hard to beat. It arrives factory fitted with a class-leading Evenflo’s rollover tested SafeMax infant car seat that is set on a stay-in-car base, both designed to accommodate kids between 4 lbs and 35 lbs.
This luxurious reversible baby stroller features 6 modes of use including frame stroller and toddler stroller and two carriage options and is equipped with two Cruiser tires for a smooth ride. Further, the stroller is fitted with ergonomic handles, making it easy to push even over longer treks.
The Evenflo modular stroller showcases a lightweight design and can handle up to 50 lbs of weight. It is crafted from premium materials that are collectively designed to absorb and dissipate impact in the event of a crash. Adding to this, this front and a rear-facing stroller are appointed with a large 3-panel canopy, an extra-large storage basket, and an easy to wash, removable child tray.
- Large canopy
- 6 modes of use
- Comes with rollover tested SafeMax infant car seat
- Extra-large storage basket
- Choice of tires could be better
4. Double Stroller Convenience Urban – Best Reversible Stroller for Twins
If you’ve got your handful with twins, the YIWANBA Double Stroller is perhaps the best option for you. It can be ordered in a choice of two different colors – Black and blue and Grey Blue. This product Features a unique design that allows one kid to sit in the front seat, and others either in the back seat or stand on the rear board by themselves.
With two kids on board, chances are that you will need more storage for baby things and more, and this is where the Cynebaby stroller wins the gold owing to its onsite large cargo storage basket. The stroller is easy to fold when not in use, and comes with class-leading safety features including stroller safety straps and a rapid braking system.
The frame of the stroller is made from a robust quality aluminum alloy tube that combined with its anti-rust properties ensures long service life. And to top things off, the front wheel of the Cynebaby reversible stroller is equipped with both a 145-degree rotatable canopy and rear seat canopy, and a front-wheel that can rotate 360-degrees or orient in either direction.
- Two colors available
- Ability to carry two kids comfortably
- Large dedicated storage space
- Stroller straps and rapid braking system
- Lifetime warranty
- Both kids cannot be placed in face-you position
5. Baby Trend Expedition – Best Reversible Stroller under $250
The Baby Trend stroller features a multi-functional design and is a great choice for kids between 0 and 36 months. It is appointed with a reversible forward and rear-facing seat and a bassinet that is hypoallergenic, eco-friendly and anti-bacterial for your baby to relax.
The stroller comes with a rich set of features including a fully adjustable canopy, parking brake, adjustable handlebar, shock-absorbing, and 360° front rotating wheels, anti-shock springs, large storage basket, footmuff cover, mosquito net, wrist strap, and food tray, all backed by a lifetime warranty.
- A long list of features
- Great for kids between 0 and 36 months
- Onsite bassinet
- Adjustable canopy and rotating wheels
- Lifetime warranty
- Cannot be used with a car seat
6. Costzon Lightweight Baby Stroller – Best Stroller under $100
For the best stroller under $100, the Costzon Lightweight is a great option for several reasons. For starters, it features a compact and lightweight footprint, and comes with a comfortable multi-position reclining seat. Further, the stroller features a 5-point safety harness, and a removable bumper bar for easier access to the expansively spaced storage basket.
With regards to safety, this baby stroller facing parent model from Baby Trend is equipped with extra-large 16-inch bicycle tires at the rear and a lockable front wheel for superior safety. Other features of the stroller worth mentioning are an adjustable handle, harness covers, dual locking foot brakes, tether strap, and adjustable canopy.
- Excellent safety features
- Lightweight and durable footprint
- Multi-position reclining seat
- Adjustable canopy
- Lacks footrest
7. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight – Best Reversible Baby Stroller under $150
If you’re looking for a baby stroller that comes with all the right features needed for a safe and comfortable ride, and do not want to splurge yet, the Kolcraft Cloud Plus Baby Stroller is worth a second look. It features a modern and slick design, and is extremely lightweight at just 11 lbs, making it easy to haul around on your daily commutes.
This reversible stroller from the Wonder Buggy stable comes with all season reversible handles that can be switched easily between the face and forward-facing modes. Unlike most other strollers in this segment, the Kolcraft Cloud Plus budget-friendly stroller features a one-touch quick release open/close system and rests well on 5” water-resistant and shock-absorbing tires.
But that’s not all, the stroller is equipped with a large accordion-style UPF 50 (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) rated canopy, which allows less radiation to pass through the fabric.
- 5-point safety harness
- Forward-facing and face to face modes
- Fitted with 4 EVA material made brakes
- Removable front bumper
- Oversized cargo basket
- Wheels may be a little challenging to control initially
8. Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller – Best Baby Stroller under $100
For a stroller that costs less than $100, the Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller surprisingly comes with several excellent features including a 5-point harness with covers.
Next, it is equipped with an extra-large canopy with extensions, and a forward/rear-facing seat that’s compatible with the Sonti infant car seat (adapters included).
The stroller can accommodate up to 50 lbs of weight and comes with a large storage basket, canopy and parent cup holder.
- Lightweight design
- 50 lbs weight capacity
- Large storage basket
- Parent cup holder
- 5-point harness with covers
- Canopy size may be too small for some babies
9. Bugaboo Donkey2 Classic Reversible Stroller – Honorable Mentions
The Bugaboo Donkey2 Classic Reversible Stroller is truly in a league of its own with its class-leading features including foam-filled tires that can travel seamlessly across any terrain. It is billed as the most spacious affordable stroller owing to its onboard under-seat basket that can hold up 22 lbs worth of essentials.
One of the noteworthy features of the Bugaboo Donkey2 Classic reversible stroller is its compatibility with car seats from leading brands including Maxi Cosi and Luna, making it easy to use with a car seat you currently have installed. Further, it is easy to fold away and features multiple storage options to pack all your baby essentials.
It showcases a timeless, eye-catching design that is complete with a quilted micro twill interior lining and matte black wheels. The stroller can be expanded into a double stroller in just a few clicks to accommodate twins or two children. It comes with a bassinet frame and a reversible seat, allowing to see your baby every step of the way.
- Available in 3 color combinations
- Comes with bassinet frame and reversible seat
- Can be expanded to fit two kids
- Quilted micro twill interior lining
- Can be used with other brand car seats
- Weighs under 20 lbs and can accommodate 48.5 lbs weight
- Foot-muff not included in the package
The Peg Perego Book Pop Up stroller is aptly named due to its inward folding chassis design. It features an adjustable handlebar that is pampered with the prima class material and large polyurethane wheels with ball bearings. Furthermore, the stroller features a remote front wheel operation, which allows you to straighten or swivel the wheel without bending over.
The detachable seat of the Peg Perego Book Pop Up stroller can be used in both positions and has a reclining backrest that can be adjusted for a comfortable resting angle. Other key features of the Peg Perego Book Pop Up stroller include a large storage basket, mesh insert, UV protected visor and foldable bassinet.
- Remote front-wheel operation
- Large polyurethane wheels
- Inward folding chassis
- Reclining backrest
- Large storage basket
- Easy to fold
- A little heavy at 25.8 pounds
Baby Stroller with Reversible Seat Buying Guide
Buying the best reversible baby stroller involves careful consideration of several factors given that it is perhaps one of the biggest investments you will make for your little munchkin.
- Weight – it goes without saying that the lighter the stroller, the easier it will be to push, pack in the car, carry upstairs and travel with. Lightweight reversible strollers generally weigh between 8 lbs and 20 lbs, while heavy-duty models can tip the scales at 40 lbs or more.
Speaking of weight, it is also highly recommended that you check the weight capacity of the reversible stroller to ensure it can handle the weight of your child.
- Tires – The tires of baby stroller facing parent models help dictate the comfort level for you and your baby, where air-filled or foam tires reduce the shock and stress your child will experience on smooth and rough terrain, consequently reducing the effort you need to push it.
- Suspension system – in terms of comfort, reversible strollers with suspension systems i.e. shock absorbers on the tires also adds to their overall comfort quotient.
- Adjustable handlebars – there are three types of handlebars to choose from – pivot and telescopic, where the former can be adjusted up and down from the frame and latter for taller and shorter individuals. Reversible strollers are in most cases equipped with reversible handlebars that can be adjusted in the direction you prefer with just one click.
- SunShade/Canopy – just like the name suggests, this layer provides your child with protection from harmful UV rays and typically cover their entire body. Adding to this, reversible strollers with adjustable canopies allow you to determine the amount of shade your baby needs.
- Storage – most of the best strollers with reversible seats can be folded down for easy storage whether in your garage or in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Storage Space – if you the type of parent who tends to travel with all the essentials and more such as a purse, toys, diaper bag, and snacks, look for a reversible stroller with many storage options including baskets.
- The seat of Stroller – whether you’re going to be taking long or short walks, it is nice to have a well-padded seat rather than one that offers little or no cushioning. Adding to this, a few reversible baby strollers come with detachable seats that can be adjusted in the direction you want.
- Safety – since you’re going to be travelling with precious cargo, it is wise to pay close attention to the safety features of a respective stroller such as lock-on wheels and five-point safety harness straps.
Conclusion & Final Thoughts
There are several factors to consider when buying the best front and rear-facing stroller given that it will be used to carry your bundle of joy. The 10 best reversible strollers mentioned on this list come with all the right features needed for a comfortable and safe stroll with your baby including high-quality tires, sturdy frames, and large storage spaces.