Before you embark on buying an electric water heating system, it is recommendable to make use of electric tankless water heater reviews. It is good to keep in mind that the state of water differs depending on the geographical region and the prevailing temperature. In cold seasons the water tends to be too cold for people to shower. This is where the water heater is needed.
During summertime, the water tends to be warm. During this time, you can save on the electric bills by avoiding the use of a water heater unless you are sick and don’t feel like taking a cold shower. This is why you need to make use of reviews to know if you really need a heater in the place you stay. Make use of reviews left by the people who live in similar weather and in the same geographical area as yours.
Best Electric Tankless Water Heater
Making use of our best electric tankless water heater reviews will help you find the best electric water heater that runs on minimal energy in terms of electric energy. It is good to read what other people have said over different kinds of electric heaters. This is a good way of getting a heater that spends less energy than others.
1. ECOTOUCH – Best Tankless Water Heater to Provide Hot Water to Homes
Hot water supply is essentially fulfilled by the installation of ECOTOUCH tankless water heater. The advanced technology meted out to the new generation of the tankless water heater from ECOTOUCH ensures unending delivery of hot water to your household.
How Does ECOTOUCH achieve this? Its condensing tankless water heater technology is able to provide you hot water at your behest instantly even when the requirement is multiple.
ECOTOUCH tankless has a secondary heat exchanger that creates condensation with the incoming flow of cold water inside the system and the stainless-steel state of the art condensing unit traps and uses it to make the entire water heating process amazingly easy and energy-efficient.
Gases or vapour produced by condensation is usually allowed to go through the vents in other tankless systems but in ECOTOUCH with this sharp modern technology is reused to advantage to obtain the most efficient hot water supply seen in the market.
2. Takagi T-K4-IN-LP Indoor – Compact Tankless Water Heater
Takagi T-H3M-DV-N is one of the most popular varieties of tankless water heaters available in the market today. It is powered by propane gas and comes with four basic temperature settings- 131F, 113F, 140F, and 122F. The flow rate of the particular water heater is a reason for its increasing popularity. The maximum flow rate of the Takagi T-H3M-DV-N is measured at 8 gallons per minute. It is appropriate to provide water for various types of residential applications, and also for commercial use, where the setting is small or mid size.
Today, no one would like to purchase a product, which is really large in size and is cumbersome to operate. People prefer to buy devices that are compact, efficient, affordable and above all safe to use. The Takagi T-H3M-DV-N is one such variety of heaters available in the market.
Takagi T-H3M-DV-N water heater can fit any space in the household; in fact, its design also rests easily on steeper surfaces. Since it is also having a power cord and remote control, you can easily position it anywhere in your home and control its operation with the help of the remote control in case you need to work at a distance from it.
It can be installed either vertically or horizontally; this will be no effect on the flow of water. This heating appliance can become an integral part of anyone’s household and supply hot water without burning too much power.
3. EcoSmart ECO 11 Tankless Water Heater – Sophisticated Technology in Water Heater Industry
EcoSmart has earned a considered place in the water heater industry for its sophisticated and innovative water heaters and with the new 11 kW tankless water heater, the company has once again proved its worth. Here is a review of the EcoSmart 11 water heater:
The EcoSmart 11 is an electric tankless water heater that is backed by sophisticated technology from EcoSmart. The water heater has some very good features that make it an ideal product.
- Compact Design: one of the main things that, is impressive about the EcoSmart 11 is the smart and compact design that enables it to easily replace a larger capacity water heating unit. The compact EcoSmart 11 meets all the water heating requirements of the owner as it dispenses nearly 2 gallons of hot water per minute. This is ideal for tasks such as dishwashing, rinsing, and other similar tasks. It fits easily in a small sized cabinet as well, thereby eliminating the need for large sized tanks.
- Energy Efficient: the EcoSmart 11 is an energy efficient water heater that saves up to 60% of the water heating costs. This percentage is impressive considering the size and performance of the unit as compared to some other units available in the market.
- Consistent water temperature: EcoSmart has proprietary rights to the self-modulating technology and this is available in the EcoSmart 11 as well. The unit is able to provide a consistent flow of hot water at a consistent temperature. The unit adjusts automatically to the outside temperature, thereby saving energy.
- Easy Temperature Adjustment: while the unit is able to provide consistent water temperature, one can also change the temperature of water by adjusting the digital dial of the unit. The unit allows increasing or decreasing the temperature of the water by one degree. One can also use a remote control to adjust the temperature. However, the remote is sold separately and does not come as a part of the unit.
- Warranty: the best thing about EcoSmart 11 is that it comes with a warranty of a lifetime, which means that there is complete peace of mind after purchasing the unit. However, for the warranty to be valid, one must get the unit certified from a licensed plumber and electrician against any installation defects.
The EcoSmart 11 is a highly recommended tankless water heater as it has all the positive features of being a useful unit. The price of the unit, as compared to other units might be a little high, but this is compensated by the water-saving costs that the water heater provides. The company also provides one of the best after-sales services to its customers, thereby easing out any inhibitions.
4. A.O. Smith ENT-50 – High Efficiency Electric Water Heater
Study and research of AO Smith water heater reviews confirm that this is the best product being manufactured and is successfully ruling the market since the year 1936. This committed company has been found by AO Smith and has been manufacturing world-class models of various water heaters for residential as well as commercial use as such.
AO Smith water heaters had hit the market in the year 1936 and since then is being able to rule over all the other competitive products in the field with its distinctive features and latest advancements in technologies to help you save a lot of power expenses and greenery as well in the long run.
- Ao Smith tankless apparatus will never leak as is the case with inefficient volume tanks. The owner will be saved from maintenance costs and augmented bills emanating from unidentified drips.
- All parts are effortlessly replaceable and can be bought in stores all over the country, both online and physical.
- Poor functioning in low pressure. Most tankless water structures operate optimally on constant steady water pressure. When water supply dwindles and pressure is reduced regulating heat levels becomes difficult and power surge can occur.
- Limited energy source. Ao Smith water heaters prices are sensible and the system operates on electricity; this means that when the power goes off one won’t be able to use the device.
5. EcoSmart ECO 27 Tankless Water Heater – Get Comfortable Atmosphere During Winters
The temperature in the winters here is likely to go beyond the freezing point. People living in these places can thus benefit from the ECO 27 electric tankless water heaters. These innovative and Eco-friendly heaters have the capacity to heat up to 3 gallons of water. You can easily get hot water whenever you need to.
Individuals, purchasing water heaters are always worried about their efficiency and reliability. Ecosmart ECO 27 is one such innovative heater that comes with a lifetime warranty and guarantees to satisfy all your water heating needs.
Ecosmart ECO 27 tankless water heater is a useful variety of water heaters, which does not occupy large space, consumes less electricity and also serves multiple sources simultaneously. Even if you are trying to heat up your Jacuzzi, this water heater will effectively do that in time.
You can now get patented self-modulating technology with Ecosmart ECO 27 water heater. This technology helps in regulating the amount of energy, which is actually needed to heat water.
The heating elements in this water heater are well made. Here 9kw standard Emersion electric heating elements are used with the brass tops. Even, the copper heat exchanger is used to prevent electrolysis.
Ecosmart ECO 27 Suitable for Home and Office Use in Cold Countries
If you are staying in the countries with cold weather, sometimes having warm water becomes more necessary than getting food. Whether it is taking a bath, washing clothes, washing kitchen utensils, or any other water-related task, it cannot be completed without having hot water.
Ecosmart ECO 27 is really cost effective as the unit has energy sufficiency of 99.8% even after you have used the product in the first month, you can get the scope of enjoying significant saving. Individuals, who have already used the product, have reported savings in their electricity bills up to 85%.
As compared to other water heaters in the market, this product also has the advantage of easy installation. You can install it on your own, or seek help from a licensed electrician.
6. Rheem RTE 13 – Electric Tankless Innovative Water Heater
Rheem was a pioneer in the water heating industry due to their well-established product line and distribution network throughout the United States.
They are known for quality and frequently test their products and get them certified and tested by third party companies. The Rheem RTE 13 is another example of a great product made by Rheem.
RTE 13 is a tankless water heater that gives a continuous flow of hot water any time. This appliance is found to have all the features that will cut down on your electric bills. Rheem is a leading concern in making tankless water heaters.
This tankless water heater is leading to the concept of saving energy and water consumption. Besides this, the heaters are easily available through a well-connected distribution network across the United States. Their products are certified and tested by the authorized body.
Features of Rheem RTE 13
- RTE 13 has a compact design, which makes it popular as a water heating gadget that saves a lot of space saving, something which is the need for most households today.
- RTE 13’s compact size measures only 7.5 inches. It can fit well in the kitchen or shower, and can simultaneously supply water to a number of sources.
- This appliance does not store water, but only directs it through the heating components, which makes it instantly hot. It should be switched on only when water is required and switched off immediately.
- Its instant hot water mechanism helps save a lot of electricity. One always remains cautious about switching the appliance off as soon as the water is heated.
- The installation of this appliance is very simple. No major changes or equipment are required—it has to be fixed on water pipes and used without any problems.
- It can heat a maximum of 4 gallons of water per minute.
- There are LEDs to indicate the standby and active mode of the element.
- It has brass or copper heat exchanger.
Benefits of RTE 13
- RTE is the easiest water heater to be installed.
- It gives an instant supply of hot water.
- It is of a very small size and requires the very small area to be installed.
- Two gadgets like the kitchen sink and shower can work together.
- It is well-suited equipment for homes, offices, laboratories, hospitals, and ships.
Disadvantages of RTE 13
- The supply of hot water can only be used at two places at a time.
- There is no facility to store water. Hence in case of water shortage or power cut, it will not function.
- The output of water through RTE 13 is low.
- It is not an ideal asset for middle-sized or large families.
7. Rinnai RL75iP Propane – Revolutionary Water Heater for Mid-Sized Home
Rinnai is a company that has been in existence since the 1920s. The company is known for its superior technology and innovation.
The company has introduced several products for the comfort of the customers and the Rinnai RL75iP is just another example of similar innovation and technology.
Rinnai RL75iP is a tankless water heater that has the capability to dispense nearly 7.5 gallons of hot water per minute, which is quite high for a water heater. The model is energy efficient and is ideally suited for a mid-size home with two or three bathrooms.
Positive Aspects of Rinnai RL75iP Water Heater
High capacity water heater: the Rinnai RL75iP is a high capacity water heater that provides nearly 7.5 gallons of hot water as and when needed. The water heater is powered by gas and therefore is able to provide hot water instantly.
Compact design: since the Rinnai RL75iP is a tankless water heater, there is no need for a very large space to fit the unit. The compact design of the water heater allows it to fit in a compact space and provide hot water for the entire household.
Energy Efficient: the Rinnai RL75iP, like other Rinnai water heaters, is highly energy efficient. It saves more than 40% of the water heating costs. The innovative technology of the company helps in reducing the cost in the long run.
Direct Electronic Ignition: the Rinnai RL75iP is powered by propane gas, which denotes that it has direct electronic ignition. There is no energy or water wastage. The water is heated within seconds thereby saving energy.
Supply to Multiple connections: the 7.5 gallons of water that the Rinnai RL75iP is able to dispense is adequate for a mid-sized home. The Rinnai RL75iP is able to supply hot water to multiple plumbing fixtures simultaneously in a home. This feature makes it extremely useful as there is no need to install separate water heaters for different bathrooms or spend extra money by using the unit at different times for the different bathrooms.
Long lasting warranty: the Rinnai RL75iP comes with a long lasting 12 years warranty, which is a fantastic feature for any water heater. With the 12 year warranty, one can experience complete peace of mind after installing the water heater.
Leak detection system: another positive aspect of the Rinnai RL75iP water heater is that it has a leak detection system that shuts off the supply of water if it detects a leak. This feature is highly appreciable as there could be a leakage at any point in time, without the knowledge of the homeowner.
Negative Aspects of Rinnai RL75iP Water Heater
The Rinnai RL75iP is high on some great features and there are virtually no negative aspects related to the water heater. However, one thing that is of concern is that it is suitable only for mid-sized homes where the requirement of hot water can be sufficed by the 7.5 gallons dispensed by the Rinnai RL75iP. Larger homes might require a water heater that has a higher rate of gallons per minute.
8. Rinnai RL94iN – Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
Rinnai RL94iN is a particular variety of water heater that can be used in both commercials as well as residential settings. It is having a remote control system through which you can easily select your water temperature location within the particular water system. You can easily use the water source for a dishwasher as well as hot water sink.
Unlike many water heaters that need no professional installation, for the Rinnai RL94iN, you must call an expert for the installing purpose.
Price of Rinnai RL94iN Water Heater
While buying a product, it is also important to know about the price. You can get Rinnai RL94iN water heater on Amazon. If you get it online, you can enjoy free home delivery and also take advantage of the various deals and discounts offered by different sellers.
You can select the type of water heater according to your liking, after going through the technical details mentioned alongside the product on most websites. In most cases, sellers also provide with original product warranty, which is another added benefit.
Special Installation Process
The water heater is one of the highest quality of water heaters in the market that can easily meet the hot water requirements of both residences and commercial settings. Its design incorporated the most advanced technology, which lets you save space, electricity while getting a regular supply of hot water.
Rinnai RL94iN is a variety of water heater which can be installed by individuals who are having professional plumbing skills. During the process of installation, a plumber will need to have water system balancing equipment, gas lines, electrical service, venting hooks and nuts and bolts.
You can easily use the product either for residential purpose or commercial buildings. It is amazing to know that within the period of one minute, this spectacular water heater can heat up around 9.4 gallons of water. You can either drink this water or simply use it for any other household purpose.
There is some consideration which an individual must pay heed to while using the water heater. You must measure the amount of water which will travel through the pipes. Heating up of 9.4 gallons of water is only possible if the pipe runs are short.
9. Bosch AE115 PowerStar 2.6 GPM – Indoor Whole House Electric Tankless Water Heater
Bosch electric tankless water heater has come to a great relief for everyone across the world. This is surely said to be the best unit for our daily household chores as such. Also, it is well known for its features which makes the unit a complete environment-friendly and helps in saving a lot of power consumption as well.
TheAE115 power star 2.6 GPM model in the Bosch electric tankless water heater is said to be a complete indoor device which helps in providing a large amount of hot water as and when needed for various applications in the running of the house on daily basis. This apparently provides a whopping hot water quantity of 2.6 gallons with each passing minute if in case you are using this unit for just one purpose as such.
This unit actually requires the lowest electrical service of around 150-amps which is relatively 90 percent efficient in energy saving and also simultaneously heats a good amount of water whenever required. It can be easily fixed up on the wall for easy and quick storage and even works the best in all conditions. Following are the distinctive features of this unit :
– This unit weighs 20 pounds and the product dimensions in inches are 4.2 by 15.2 by 15.5 respectively
– The less noisy unit as compared to the other electrical units available in the market
– Providing a high quantity of hot water as and when required
– High energy efficiency
– Acquires less space and can be installed on walls or at any other small corner of the room as well
– Comes with a good warranty and guarantee period as well
The parts of this unit are easily available at any local electronics store which is registered as such. This unit comes with a user manual as well which is written in very simple and easy English so as even a common man can understand and act accordingly.
This user guide and review also contains well-explained diagrams which will help you to understand quickly and easily the problems that you might be facing in the daily running of the unit or may be in future. Also, they have a 24 hours customer care department which you can easily call up and confirm your problems with them likewise.
They will be guiding you completely with the solution to any of your problems as such. If required, they will even send their technician across at your place to fix the problem as such. They also have a registered website of their own where again they have explained all the parts and details of the product in brief.
You will understand everything as to how to use the device, what precautions to be taken on a daily basis, how to go about the cleaning and maintaining the device for a longer period, how to fix up the basic problems as such. Hence, Bosch electric tankless water heater is a very good device for all your household requirements and if used with great care then you should not be facing any problems also.
10. GE GEH50DEEDSR GeoSpring – Hybrid Electric Water Heater For Lowering Electric Bills
Among the top-rated water heaters in the market is GE Geospring water heater. Made form GE Company, this product has proved to be a worthy investment. GE is a company that has been in the industry of manufacturing kitchen appliances for decades now.
For all this long it has always offered its customers the best by coming up with high-end products. Its products are made in line with the modern technology hence they are outstanding in the market. This company has a website on which you can have access to the kind of products it sells.
When you are ready to buy a water heater, this is the website you will find very helpful. It will show you all the appliances this company manufacture and their features.
– These heaters are equipped with safety combustion chamber that prevents ignition of vapor in parts of this system. This is a good way of avoiding accidents due to short-circuiting.
– Ge geospring water heater is powered by electricity making it fast in heating water. It will take a few minutes to heat several gallons of water.
– The Ge water heater tanks’ interior is lined with magnesium anode rod that will prevent the tank from corroding. This will ensure the tank last longer.
– The interior of the tank has a shiny surface that helps in saving energy. This is because this surface will ensure much heat is retained to heat the water.
– If this water heater is well planned and installed, it will lead to an improved aesthetic value of your house. This is a system that will see many people appreciate your house looks if you install these appliances using experts.
– This heating system is very efficient in power usage. This is a good way of lowering electric bills. With the inflated cost of energy, getting a machine that can use less energy will be a good deal.
– GE geospring water heaters are safe to your premises and home use. These heaters have been assembled by professionals making them safe for home use. This is a good way that will see you avoid being caught in disasters.
– They are cheap. The market price of these products is relatively cheap as compared to its competitors in the market. This is why most people are opting for this kind of water heaters.
– The maintenance cost. The initial cost of installation may be high. This is because you will need money to buy the appliances. You will also need money to hire professionals to install. When any problem crops up, you will be required to get a qualified expert to sort you out. This will increase the costs.
– These devices need regular maintenance so you will be ready to incur some expenses.
The Advantages of Best Electric Tankless Water Heater
The mantra of the age is to cut cost and all the homeowners are in search of methods to cut down the cost of daily house operations. We can see people are choosing CFL lamps over the conventional light bulbs, purchasing energy-efficient electronic equipment, and depending upon the conservative energy resources to save a little money everywhere. One among the best methods to save money is with the use of a good electric tankless water heater by replacing the conventional tank water heaters.
Conventional Vs Tankless Water Heater
With the traditional water heaters, the house owners are continuously heating the water stored in a big tank in the basement. This is, however, an inefficient provided there are simple alternatives available. Filling a tank with hot water and using only a portion of eating can ultimately end up in big wastage of energy. All in all, going ahead with the tankless water heating option can offer the homeowners higher energy efficiency, low operational costs, saving a lot of space, and also extends the endurance of the appliance.
The basic thing one should consider while going ahead with this option is to know exactly how much energy and money they are going to save. Initially, the users need to spend a higher amount to get a tankless water heater, install it, and do all the related plumbing works. The traditional tank-based heaters can cost about $300, however, while going with tankless, the cost may go up to $1,000 based on the models.
However, even if the initial cost is higher when compared to the conventional heating system, the tankless heater can recuperate the difference over time by saving energy and in turn money. The initial amount needed to purchase and install it, however, may not be possible to be afforded by everyone.
Efficiency and Endurance
In a tank heater, the energy or in other terms the heat is constantly lost while the water is sitting idle in it. However, with a tankless heater, the water is heated only when needed and this will avoid any wastage.
The tank water heater can last about 8-10 years when there is a need to replace the tank as well as the accessories. However, the tankless heaters can live up to 20+ years and the need for maintenance and up-gradation is also minimal.
If the owners are not having a plan to move around in a while, then getting a tankless heater can surely save them a lot of money over a long term.
A considerable other factors, but not often talked about, is the advantage homeowners get to enjoy with tankless heater is the space they can save in their basement floor area. The traditional tank heaters are usually of anywhere between 40 to 60 gallon in capacity. It means the tank itself may be of about 60 inches tall and 24 inches basement.
This can acquire a lot of space in your room, and when it comes to smaller homes, it will be a big trouble for the dwellers. An electric tankless water heater is just at the size of a computer. It may be a little box hanging on the wall and a considerable amount of space is saved there.
Things to Consider While Selecting a Tankless Water Heater
The major things to be considered while planning to buy a tankless water heater units are:-
- The size of the unit – You first need to make sure that the unit is adequate to meet your house’s hot water needs and can keep a good balance between the need and energy efficiency. You also need to check the flow rate or the fixtures and maximum temperature, etc. before finalizing the purchase.
- Fuel used – Next important thing to be checked is the source of energy you need to use to heat water. You need to consider the cost of operation in contrast with the cost of gas, electricity or other sources of energy. Also, you need to check the availability of the energy source enough to run your system flawlessly.
- Price – Last, but not least the price of the unit. Not only look at the amount of money saved, but also consider the quality and star rating of the product, assuring its energy efficiency to offer higher returns over time.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
The concept of tankless water heaters has provided benefits to many people these days. Tankless water heaters are also known as instantaneous water heaters, which provide requisite hot water. The standby losses of power are also not produced, which are linked with storage of water heaters, where money can be saved to a considerable extent.
These water heaters can actually heat the water directly, without making use of any storage tank. When the tap of hot water is twisted on, then the cold water travels through the pipe into the unit.
Water can be heated through the gas burner or by an electric element. These heaters can deliver a constant supply of hot water. One need not have to wait for the storage tank to fill the hot water in abundant quantity now. However, it also limits the output of the actual flow rate.
These heaters give heat water at a rate of two to five gallons, which is almost equal to almost sixteen liters of water in one minute. The heaters powered by gas give bigger flow rates than the actual electric ones. The biggest model of gas-powered tanker does not supply the hot water to manifold uses.
In the case, you need to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, then it would be better to install them in bulk. This is usually because; taking the bath and working on the dishwasher can often stretch the water heaters to its full limit.